Sudon't

Soooo...

I guess I added her profile to the mitch group and vice versa so we can share the music folder BUT I didn't add the right argument (-a, I think - look it up!) to the usermod command or whatever I used, so the upshot was that I made her group the ONLY group I was in. Effectively, I deleted myself from the sudoers group and all the other default admin and device groups and whatnot.

Real pain, because once you're out, you've no way back in - like the opposite of the Mafia. Looking around there are various suggestions but I went for the simplest one (the one I could understand):

Used the eOS usb as it was first to hand, to log into a live session. As noted my previous post, I mounted the root file system:

> sudo mkdir hdd
> mount /dev/sda /mnt/hdd
> nano /mnt/hdd/etc/group


then I just added my username to the appropriate groups:

root:x:0:mitch

and

adm:x:4:mitch

and

sudo:x:27:mitch


works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes