#! probook changes 3

The rigor of my change-logging has slipped a bit in the last 24 hours! I've copied my slim themes over from the Asus Arch install, and I've edited slim.conf to point at one of them (cb-distress) to give me my custom login screen, which works a treat. I had a bash at suppressing openbox's instruction to paint the back ground grey and then replace the nitrogen wallpaper like I did for Arch, but there's a different thing going on in #! where initrc kicks off a global xsession script, and I don't know how that works. I also couldn't get nitrogen to point to the slim theme - the %theme variable confuses the X session startup and it complains of being unable to find cb-distress session.

Installed Soulseek and Skype both by downloading the deb packages and then GDebi. Easy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes