probook #! changes 2

cont.

* removed myself from audio group deluser <user> audio
* tinkered with the tint2rc, but it's backed up so not really an issue
* 15 and 16 from "Round off your Crunchbang Waldorf"

ICA Client (citrix receiver):

OK, I thought I'd streamlined this before, before I got this done much quicker this time! 

Forget compiling nspluginwrapper, manually creating those missing directories, editing the post-install script, etc. Here's what happened today on the probook. From this page followed these instructions:

1) Enable 32 bit architecture:

% dpkg --add-architecture i386

(check, if you like)

dpkg --print-architecture 
amd64
dpkg --print-foreign-architectures
i386


2) Add 32 bit repositories to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb [arch=amd64,i386] http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free 

While you're in there, add:

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

from the advice here.

3) Update the package list

aptitude update

4) Find the receiver for linux deb file, download and install using GDebi. It should get the dependencies you need.

5) Make browser certs available to the client like it says here.

ln -s /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/* /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts

Now go to the citrix login URL and test. It should work straight off, but my actual process was a wee bit messier than described here, so maybe I missed something. I intend to do a debian minimum install soon and I'll try this and see if I can get it working without any failures or backtracking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes