To Do

I enjoyed that little foray into problem-solving for Mint on the probook, and I learned some good stuff in the process. My C++ self-tutelage is stalling because it's just getting more and more abstract and I don't have any proper examples to work with.

So it'd be nice to come up with some stuff to do on the linux system using bash or whatever. I'm going to put some ideas down here to investigate.

* Cron jobs. I've been meaning to get around to this. The 1st idea I have is to take the items in my monthly folder and archive them. Or label them with tags. Or something like that. And start a new folder each new month?

* Automate my photo process flow. Script that takes the contents of my camera's SD card and treats them how I want to enable uploads to flickr,  backup to the external HDD. Add tags?

* Use scripted imagemagick actions to take all photos in my monthly folder, convert them to an appropriate size and resolution, then animate them into a gif.

* Same thing for music and films? schedule backup to HDD from specified set of folders? Weekly?

* Rsync. Might be useful for some of the same sorts of tasks as the cron thing above.

* Pop-up form that asks what I'm doing on the internet at any given time? collects browser names or something? Diary sort of program? That asks me questions and then records my answers into files or puts me on the spot to create a pixel drawing or write a piece of prose or poetry?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes