draft xps install notes

1When the SATA-controller is set to "RAID On" in Bios, the hard disk (at least the SSD) is not recognized. Set to "Off" or "AHCI" before attempting to install Arch.

?)The "NVM Express" SSD requires adding "nvme" in modules to detect the PCIe SSD.
Edit your /etc/mkinitcpio.conf file:
...
MODULES="... nvme"
...
# mkinitcpio -p linux
Then update the bootloader.
where linux is the name of the image loaded on boot. If you installed linux-mainlineAUR then change that to linux-mainline.

This note from my last XPS pre-install agenda...
2) Download linux headers and broadcom-wl driver module tarball to another computer and transfer to the XPS by usb/flashcard. I assume I need to install these in the live arch environment to give me access to the internet, then go to step 3), continue installation, and remember to install the drivers in chroot as well...

did I do this? I can't remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes