Arch uefi troubleshooting

I've been messing around trying to get this working and my current train of thought is as follows:

The efivars stuff isn't mounted or even present int newly installed arch system. Nor is it so on the live installation medium. I dont think I can get the new system to uefi boot unless the uefi kernel parameters are present in the live medium. I was assuming that the live USB was booting in efi mode but when I manually try to select this in the BIOS it fails.

I turned off legacy boot for USB in the BIOS and the USB wouldn't read at all. So the only fix I have to pursue right now involves going into the USBs EFI/boot directory and copying loader.EFI to bootx86.EFI (or something). Trouble is, this is a read only filesystem and none of the workarounds for that have worked. I tried mount -o remount,rw /dev/sda and hdparms -r0 /dev/sda1 and variations and combinations of these but it insists the fs is read only.

Current plan is

Make fs rw
Cp loader to x86 file as above
Boot arch USB up again, hopefully in uefi mode
Do the modprobe efivars stuff, mount /system/firmware/EFI/efivars shit

Uh. Then hopefully I'll be getting somewhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes