mintupdate

For some reason mintupdate broke a while back and I lost the icon that tells me I have updates queued.

I looked for AAAAGES before I found this forum page:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=181856#p972796

Here's my version:

Open a terminal and do
    sudo vim /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintUpdate/mintUpdate.py
Find the following...
        auto_refresh = AutomaticRefreshThread(treeview_update, statusIcon, wTree)
        auto_refresh.start()
        gtk.main()
and edit it so that you have
        auto_refresh = AutomaticRefreshThread(treeview_update, statusIcon, wTree)
        auto_refresh.start()

        gtk.gdk.threads_enter()
        gtk.main()
        gtk.gdk.threads_leave()
Save and do an apt-get update, then run mintUpdate again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes