Arch & KDE Plasma 5

Man, I just can't give up on Arch. It calls to me.

I feel good about this one, though. My previous experience and lean, customised install guide mean I managed to get the install process down to about 40 minutes last night. Here't the reall revelation: KDE plasma 5, easily installed from the main repos and it looks good enough to use from the off. Finally. The whole configuration of a decnt looking DE was what really stopped me in my tracks with Arch before.

Not that it's been problem free.

After the whole wifi-menu bit I used during the install I struggled to get the plasma-nm networkmanager working. long story short:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Hostname_problems

more KDE troubleshooting to follow, no doubt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes