webserver stuff

I'm trying to create an application to maintain, update and manage software packages we use at work. In the longer term I'm sure I can figure out how to create a program with a GUI that'll run in windows, but for now my only option is to use shell scripts on my linux box triggered by a browser-based interface.

I should do a post about that so my notes are not all just scrawled on index cards and notebooks, but in the meantime I just wanted to record what I had to do to get php pages working from my user directory on the raspberry pi.

Basically, you have to enable the userdir module in apache2 (it was already in my directory, so no need to install it first):

sudo a2enmod userdir

Then edit the php config file (/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php5.conf)to allow php to run from user directories:

    #<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
        #<Directory /home/*/public_html>
            #php_admin_value engine Off
        #</Directory>
    #</IfModule>

 
http://tipstrickshowtos.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/how-to-enable-php-in-user-homes.html?q=php

For the particular task at hand I had to chmod some directories under public_html as well, to let them be written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes