ImageMagick

I'd scanned 16 pages of a mortgage application form using xsane and I wanted to whack them all together in a single pdf. Googling revealed a consensus that the solution involved using ImageMagick.

Lazily I just tried sudo apt-get install imagemagick, which did something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe provided some sort of infrastructure for imagemagick, if the description of the packages I checked on synaptic later are anything to go by. Anyway, I fucked about a bit and ended up compiling it and I was missing dependencies which I eventually got from following this advice:

sudo apt-get install imagemagick libmagick++-dev

And suddenly the starting instructions I was following worked:

convert mortgage*.png mortgage_application.pdf
Gave me the single document I needed. Pages all in the wrong order of course.

 [EDIT] The files needed leading numbers in the name to order properly in the folder. I tried to use a for loop to rename each in turn ( for v in mortgage{1..16}*.png; do mv $v {01..16}$v; done or whatever ) so I ended up just using the GUI. :( deafeat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes