Statusline Arrows

I really want to use input mono as my main font for coding, but it seems to push out the alignment on my vim-airline and powerline-shell statuslines.

Rather than get into a whole thing patching fonts with super-tweaked arrow icons I just decided I could live with square separators.

Vim-Airline

Add this to .vimrc:

    let g:airline_left_sep = ''
    let g:airline_right_sep = ''

Add what you like between the quotes for separators.

Powerline-shell

Add --mode flat as a flag to the line that calls the python script in .bashrc.

The other thing I did with powerline-shell was edit powerline-shell.py to the ‘untracked’ character is not u2753, which is not available on any of the patched fonts. I used u26A0 which is a triangle with an exclaimation mark. Seems appropriate.

I also finally figured out that the colors in powerline-shell/themes/default.py are the ones shown here - cterm or something, I dunno.

Backup default.py change the colors as you like, then run ./install.py.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes