bluetooth xps13

bluetooth's a bugger.

I've not used it for ages, and figure it's eating my battery up most of the time.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Bluetooth

used systemctl enable rfkill-block@bluetooth.service to try to remedy.

I'm writing this down because as soon as I forget this I'll want to play a game with my 8bitdo or link the laptop to the bluetooth speaker or something.

i guess it's just a matter of systemctl disable the same service and maybe restarting it?

[2017-02-12 EDIT]

This didn't work - or didn't persist past reboots/updates, whatever. So frustrating. I just used

systemctl stop bluetooth.service

but I don't know if that actually kills the hardware process and stops battery drain of it just stops a management daemon.

More reading required, but not right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes