mate lock screen background

God, I've spent ages googling this after I moved some wallpapers around and the lock screen background changed to a horrible gradiant.

I should've looked more closely at the Arch wiki, of course, where I eventually discovered this entry.

looking at /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/mate-background.gschema.override of course, I discover that I've already set this for an absolute path that's no longer valid. Sorted via the following amendement:

org.mate.background]
picture-filename='/usr/share/backgrounds/default.jpg'

where default.jpg is a copy of my currently selected wallpaper.

THEN you have to

glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/

and restart x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes