icaclient

Another install, another drama getting icaclient working.

So I followed the instructions in my previous post and it worked OK to a point. Firstly, I've learned enough since I the last time that I'm nervous about chucking in repositories willy-nilly especially the sid repo and wheezy repo in the same breath!

Anyway, I pushed on recklessly and got ica client installed and working as per the instructions, but it was coming up broken due to an unresolved dependency (that synaptic wouldn't tell me!). apt-get instsall -f didn't work.

Long story short:

sudo dpkg --configure -a 

told me the dependencies that weren't fulfilled

and I just did

sudo vim /var/lib/dpkg/status

/icaclient

and deleted the dependencies. Hacky, but I don't care. Then I removed the additional repos from /etc/apt/sources-list so I didn't get all clashing updates from stable and unstable debian repos.

So now citrix works as well as I need it to and my packages are up-to-date as far as Mint's concerned.

Phew.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/how-to-fix-broken-package-904637/

http://earthwithsun.com/questions/95509/tell-aptitude-to-ignore-broken-package

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

no sound in Papers Please

pdf to png/jpg/etc

Crunchbang Changes